Most people hop to IT city Bengaluru for business trips or conferences. But the city with the best climate in South India and some of its most excellent infrastructure has much to offer the visiting traveller. Indeed, Bengaluru teems with several wonderful tourist attractions, but chief among them are:
- Gaze at a lake. Or rather, the Kaikondrahalli Lake. This lake has an interesting history – it was a marshy water body till 2009, when local residents banded together to appeal to the municipality to hand over the lake to them for restoration. After raising funds from many sources, the residents got contractors to clean out the lake, and started planting trees along its perimeter. Today, the lake is an oasis in the midst of urban Bengaluru, and a popular hangout for nature lovers.
- Visit an intriguing Ganesh temple. Have you ever been to a temple whose deity is said to have grown by itself? Well, that’s the popular story about the gigantic 18-feet tall Ganesh idol at the Dodda Ganapathi temple. Though many believers claim this story is true, another theory goes that a local priest discovered a stone with a Ganesh image at the site, many centuries ago. He got sculptors to carve a large Ganesh idol from a large single rock at the site, and that is the idol we see today!
- Get your fill of arts and crafts. If you are interested in visual arts, you must certainly hop over to the Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath. It is one of the oldest art sites in the city, housing many on-site galleries, archival rooms and museums on its premises. You can find both traditional and contemporary art and crafts here, and artistes from all over the world come here for a visit.
- Look at the flowers. The Lal Bagh Botanical Garden is Bengaluru’s pride and joy, spread over a lush 240 acres and housing scores of interesting plant species. It was originally a private garden built by King Hyder Ali, and it was later developed by his son Tipu Sultan. Much later, the British took over the garden to develop it as a site for horticulture.
- Amuse yourself. If you’re in the mood for some adrenaline-pumping fun with the family, it’s time to go to Wonderla Amusement Park. The Park is home to some seriously crazy rides, glorious pools and family-style gaming zones. You can have a whale of a time here with your family for an entire day.
But before you do all of the above, be sure to book yourself into an exquisite 5 star business hotel in Bengaluru. The Leela Palace Bengaluru is a top contender for the spot of the best 5 star business hotel in Bengaluru, with its superb facilities and excellent service.